Well... So much to say, and a bit of time to say it.
Let's start off with the Grammy's. I read an article recently that said we forgive "artists" for their vices if the end product is good. Hence, the big victory for Amy Winehouse (or "Wino"). I couldn't care less about the Grammy's to be honest, all the big awards go to people I don't like. And comparing albums that are up for the big awards is like combining apples and oranges and then leaving out the more deserving clemetines and kiwis. We complain about sports stars using drugs but when these guys use, it's like it's expected and even helps their "craft." You have to love our society that praises excess, disfunction, and depravity and then wonders why it's stars fade out and die so young.
So, I'm not sure why it bugs me so much (and I think I've mentioned it before) but why do people nod when other people are talking to large groups? I want to smack them and tell them their opinion isn't legitimate and to keep their bobble-head to themselves. Just one of my stupid pet-peaves.
A week or so ago we went to Art Hill to go sledding. It was a BLAST! I kinda wish a little that they didn't put haybails at the bottom so people could slide all the way into the basin... but that would probably end in tragedy, and we don't need more of those for the time being.

Spring Training starts pretty soon, and we're bound for another strange year with the Cardinals, I believe. Pitching remains the big question mark, and even if our offense turns out to be amazing (I'm not sure it will), we're headed for a long summer and some more losses at Wrigley this year.Let's start off with the Grammy's. I read an article recently that said we forgive "artists" for their vices if the end product is good. Hence, the big victory for Amy Winehouse (or "Wino"). I couldn't care less about the Grammy's to be honest, all the big awards go to people I don't like. And comparing albums that are up for the big awards is like combining apples and oranges and then leaving out the more deserving clemetines and kiwis. We complain about sports stars using drugs but when these guys use, it's like it's expected and even helps their "craft." You have to love our society that praises excess, disfunction, and depravity and then wonders why it's stars fade out and die so young.
So, I'm not sure why it bugs me so much (and I think I've mentioned it before) but why do people nod when other people are talking to large groups? I want to smack them and tell them their opinion isn't legitimate and to keep their bobble-head to themselves. Just one of my stupid pet-peaves.
A week or so ago we went to Art Hill to go sledding. It was a BLAST! I kinda wish a little that they didn't put haybails at the bottom so people could slide all the way into the basin... but that would probably end in tragedy, and we don't need more of those for the time being.
Speaking of Wrigley, The Cubs won't win the World Series...again.
The WGA strike is over and within 4-6 weeks we may be able to see some fresh, non-reality stuff on TV again. May I suggest Chuck, 30 Rock and The Office. You can watch them online (you can even download them now, I think) so catch up with my favorite shows, and make them yours.
The Oscars are coming up and The Simpsons and Transformers were both snubbed for the Best Picture nomination. If Shrek 3 beats Ratatouille, there is something desperately wrong (Ratatouille should be up for best picture, it was the best reviewed movie of the year), and I usually root against Disney.
Lastly, I haven't really said anything about the passing of Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley. He was an amazing man that was groomed for our time. I remember when mini-temples were announced, and looking back I can see how huge it was. He truly was inspired by God to lead the church and I'm happy I got to witness it.
1 comment:
Joe, I recommend you watch Pushing Daisies on ABC when we finally do get new shows. Very funny, like Chuck and 30 Rock.
Post a Comment