I just got Noah down without using the blowdrier CD. The thing is awesome, the CD + swaddling turns of most of Noah's senses and let's him get down to napping. One downside, though, is that it seems to turn off my senses too. Even on the lower settings it seems that my mind switches on to stand-by mode. So, it's nice to have a bit of quiet for a little while.
So, I registered for classes and I'm going to be taking College Algebra, French 201 and a swimming class. It's looking like I'm going to be leaning over to getting a French degree (we'll see if I go the secondary ed route or not). I barely missed passing Nursing a couple times (1 freaking percent off!) and so I think it's time to move on to new things.
This is a bit scary seeing how Emily is going to stop teaching after this year to take care of Noah, but hopefully i'll be able to get a degree quick and move on to bigger and better things. So, we'd appreciate your prayers while we go throught this transition.
One last thing, Emily has set up a blog that's all about Noah, so I'll be referring to it for pics and videos and stuff. Yes, my wife and son are awesome.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Peace and Quiet?
Tossed in here by
J.Ammon
around
15:08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
scary. i often wish i could take a french class. you'll have to post about it so i can live through you viacariously. it will be aeons (ok, not that long but it feels like it) before i can take a class again...
Hey bro-in-law: I just left a similar comment on em's blog, but if you ever just want a chat or a vent session, i'm game. I'm up all night during the week, so if you're watching the kid in the wee hours, give me a ring if you want. we're getting a bit of the "oh my gosh real life is scary" slap in the face too, so i can relate to some degree. anyway, we love you and will keep you in our prayers.
later!
Damn that one point!
You are awesome, patient, brilliant, kind, funny, creative(yes YOU), thoughtful, strong, handsome(it has to be said), generous, dedicated, loyal, outgoing, and incredibly capable.
This time will make you stronger in your profession, stronger as a friend, stronger as a brother, stronger as a father, and stronger as a husband. It takes ALOT of fire and ALOT of pounding to make great swords AND great men.
I'm proud of the man you are!
Joe-
How exciting to start a new chapter! I have done that more than a few times, and I am a real believer in trying things out--BIG things--to find what you love. (I even fancied myself a lawyer for a while, until the mid-term grades came in during my first, and only, semester in law school...) It is definitely a scary thing to do, but you're brave to go for it. If you do end up teaching, you'd so be the cool teacher everyone wants to get.
Whatever you do Joe, I'm sure you'll do it well. Transitions are tough. You have to do what you think is best for you and your family. Just stick it out...together. You'll be in our prayers. Good luck.
Love,
Lauren
Swimming?! Thats awesome, no seriously, it's just awesome. You gonna rock a speedo? I've got extras.
By the way - good luck. You're doing something I still haven't managed to work up the nerve/time/whatever to do. Hang in there.
Love you both,
Post a Comment