Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's a Long Time Coming

It's about time I mentioned "The BoB."

On Sunday morning before church I hoped online real fast to check e-mail and to see how Arsenal did in the FA Cup, and surprise of surprises one of my best friends from high school, Rob, had left a comment on one of my posts...

It made my day.

Rob was responsible for dragging me to my first choir try-out. And along with him and Matt (and several others who later became known at Durango HS as "The BoB"), we terrorized our parents while ruling over the strip.

To make it quick (to late), Rob's brother Scott bumped into Phil's (yes another "BoB" member) wife, Amanda. She gave him Matt's phone number and in turn gave it to Rob. He then called up Matt, went over to his house, and Matt showed him my blog, where he left the comment. the last time I saw Rob was in March of '03 not long after I started working on the bungy tower. It's been a while and it's great to be back in touch.

Now, I know what you're wondering... what's "The BoB?" Well, it started out at lunch my sophomore year, when a person wrote a story about people we knew describing the current drama that was going on, but using pseudonyms for our friends, mainly using character names from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Well, in turn, Matt and I decided to write our own story, using Bullwinkle as the villain, gave ourselves the names James Bob (me) and Guns (Matt) and basically thought of clever/ridiculous ways to kill people at our table. And thus..."The BoB" was born.

I think now-a-days we would've gotten in trouble. Ah... Pre-Columbine Years... you seem so far away.

So as time went on we got a guy to draw the main characters, which were our close friends...
Top: James Bob (Me), Guns (Matt), Chumpman (Rob), Xuon (Troy)
Middle: Sfortzando (Nic), Bullwinkle, Brat (Cindy)
Bottom: Jackelyn (various girls I had crushes on), Ammo (Can't remember her name...it's late), Blondie (Stacie), Argon (Troy's friend)

For individual shots, I put a slideshow on the side bar.

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

while I don't NORMALLY approve of all that silly comic-book female cleavage crap, I will make an exception here. I really really love that this is a part of your history and heritage, and I love that you have a long-term love and loyalty for your friends. It says so much for your character. (your INNER self, not THIS character depicted here.)
So Welcome back, the BoB. Good to see ya.
(Now girls, go put some shirts on.)

RGardner said...

NO WAY! I haven't seen The BoB pictures in such a long time. I'm impressed. Now normally I would agree with Emily, but due to the historical significance of thIs particular cleavage, [LOOK AWAY, EMILY.] I say leave the cleavage as is--definitely more modest than any actual comic, but still sexy...err...for a drawing. Think of Jessica Rabbit saying, "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."